Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Before & After

A Lake House History
At the beginning of the remodeling process some times we neglect taking or saving the original pictures. We just concentrate on things like how to solve design issues or how to achieve the wildest client’s expectations.
Being a designer ergo visualizer implies that we know how everything will look at the end therefore the “end result”  is not as surprising for us designers or does not bring for us the WOW factor but for our good trusting clients: the final result, so much expected, must give them a big WOW effect, as well as their covetous friends.
Some designers usually do not like to show the original pictures of the project because it simply does not look good which is a well known designerish term.
Almost all my projects that had been published do not show the before pictures. I said to my self the traditional "Oh the magazine does not have so much space to put this ode pictures but some times inside we thought Oh my this was a really designers challenge piece of art."
Having  said that, I press my self to show my Before & After pictures of one of my first remodeling projects. The change was stunning; the clients were extremely satisfied and proud of their new style. We got many WOWS from many covetous relatives and friends then we knew that the “End result” was A plus for everybody.
Before
After
Before

After



1 comment:

Trevor T said...

Great blog! Really like your eye for the finished look. Don't suppose I could entice you to South Africa to work on my oceanfront bungalow? It looks so plebian--needs a dash of your style.

A Big Fan,
Trevor